12 May 2009

Woman to Woman

My younger sister of 21 years of age recently came out the closet. As her sister, I've known for a while, but she finally felt comfortable enough to tell the world. My parents, devout Christians of course, were in a fury, denounced her choice, yada yada yada, and you know how that story goes. But eventually, everyone either accepted it, or in the case of my parents, vehemently denied that her homosexuality even exists.

My sister has been in several relationships since she let the world know how she really feels, and for the life of me, I can't understand how she does it. It's hard enough for most women to get along with other women, but two women in a relationship?!? This is Girls Gone Wild Gone Very Very Bad. My sister is the "man"... very laid back, very chill, very non-confrontational. Her latest girl is a girl in every sense of the word. Drama queen to the umpteenth degree. She purposely pushes my sister's buttons to get a rise or a response ... but in most cases it blows up in her face. My sister just doesn't give in ... most of the time. But i just can't get with it. Besides the idea of munching on something I'm only supposed to vacuum, I can't handle the notion of having to emotionally handle another woman. I'm a Cancer, a water sign, which means my tears and emotions flow freely around this b*tch! But seriously, we're emotional wrecks! Add that to the fact that we are already emotional creatures (being born with a vagina and all), and you got a serious emotional catastrophe on your hands. So with all this emotion flowing, how can anyone get anywhere or accomplish anything?

I know about the benefits. Who better understands a woman than a woman? But hell, when the sh*t hits the fan and it's time to play "Who can hurt who more?" I don't want to be anywhere near that. A woman can cut to a man's core, so you already know what she can do to another woman! Face it, we can be some ruthless heifers when we want to be.

I have enough trouble dealing with the man in my life, why add a whole new level of drama to that with a woman in the mix?

Your thoughts?

No comments: